Sunday, April 3, 2011

Project Trip: Playing with the Kids

On Sunday, we took the day off from all our work and got to experience more of Gulu and Watoto. In the morning, we went to church at Watoto. Like most African churches, it was very lively. [I tried to upload a video of one of the songs but it wouldn't work.... Sorry.]

After church and lunch at a local restaurant, the group took a trip to Watoto’s children’s village and baby’s rescue home to play with some of the kids. When we got to the village, we were welcomed by so many of the house mothers and dozens and dozens of children. It didn’t take long for someone to pull out a soccer ball and kids to be running all over the place.

Soccer was fun for a while, but it was so hot and dry, the game didn’t last long. The children were most fascinated by all of the digital cameras. They loved having their photo taken and then laughing at it after looking at it on the screen. As a result, I had a very long photo shoot with some of the children.

This boy loved it when I picked him up and threw him in the air. His English wasn't that great so he just kept coming up to me and saying "1,2,3, Jump" as that's what I would say before I picked him up.

Making faces...

More faces...

All serious faces here.

I finally got them to back up so I could get a group photo.

After all this, we went to the baby’s home and got to play with some of the really little ones.

Tummy time!

These guys greeted us as we came in.

Kevin helping out with feeding. He got food all over his pants.

Dinner time!

This little guy wandered away. I think he was trying to escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment