Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Halfway Point

I have just reached the half way point for the semester so I figured I should give you an update about all that has been happening here in the office. After all, the engineering work is the main reason why I am over here.

In the several weeks since getting back from the project trip in Midigo, we have been working at creating a set of drawings to use in our report that we will give to Safe Harbor at the end of the term. Since I was in charge of the survey on the trip, I have been creating drawings of the existing topography of the site so that the architects can plan where exactly the buildings will be placed. This was finished up last week. Now, the architects are finalizing all of the floor plans so that Phil (the structural engineer on staff) and I can begin designing the beams and columns for the new buildings.

In addition to the Safe Harbor project, I will also be working with Phil to do the structural design of a hospital in Gabon. He recently went with a team from eMi to visit the site and so I will help him with the design wherever I can. I will post more information on the ministry that eMi is serving in Gabon when I get more details.

Ok… enough of the boring engineering details. (It’s not boring to me, but it may be to you.) I mentioned at the start of the post that I just reached the halfway point of my time in Uganda. I lied. Its actually the quarter way point. I recently decided to re-intern here in Uganda so I will be staying in Kampala a little longer than originally planned. I will still come home in December and spend the holidays with my family, but then I will come back in January and stay until June. I still don’t know too many details, but I will post them as I figure them out.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited that you chose to stay for the second semester. I'm excited to see what God will continue to do in you as you pursue missions more. It is great to see how God is using you during this season of life, and I'm excited for the plans He has for your next season.

    Daniel H.

    ReplyDelete