Thursday, March 10, 2011

Haircut Fiacso

So a couple days before heading off to Gulu, I decided to get a haircut. Now the first time I got my hair cut in Uganda it wasn't the most successful experience (See here). I found this place that was just a few minutes from my apartment so I decided to check it out. There was a man there that had a rather simple set up: one chair, one set of clippers (with 2 attachments for a No.1 and No.2 buzz), and a poster with about 20 different hairstyle options. None of those really intrigued me because my hair does not do the same things a Ugandan man's hair will do.

So after about 5 minutes explaining what I want, he started. I was going to have him buzz the bottom part of my head and then cut the top short. I should have known that he wouldn't have been able to do it. After a while, I had to show him how you have to take the clippers in the opposite direction of the hair to get it right. Finally that worked out and look pretty good. But then he start cutting the top part. After just a few moments and radically different hair length all over my head, I just had him buzz it all.

Needless to say, I have really short hair now. The silver lining: it only cost me 2000 shillings which is only about 80 cents.

1 comment: