Monday, January 24, 2011

Prayer Requests

Well I'm just about to leave for Uganda. I am really excited to get back and working again. I have a really exciting project I will be working on this semester. As I embark, I would like to share a few prayer requests. Please pray for:

-safe travel. Once again I will be doing lots of traveling over the next couple days. Please pray for God's protection as I go.

-Watoto Church. My project this semester is for Watoto. They are creating a technical college in Gulu for former children soldiers and other affected by the LRA. More details on this soon, but please pray for the church and the work they are doing in Gulu.

-EMI East Africa. With all of the new interns and long term volunteers that are coming, there is going to be a lot of transition. Also, there will be three project trips compared to just one last semester. Pray for God's guidance and wisdom in our work.

-peace in Sudan. There was recently a referendum in Sudan that decided the southern part of the country will secede from the north. Pray for peace during this transition time. It will surely have a large impact on Uganda as well.

-peace in Uganda. Elections in Uganda are also coming up. This can be a hostile time. The incumbent president is expected to win but it could get a little dangerous if people do not like the outcome. Pray for calm heads and smooth transitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment