Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Orientation in Colorado



Hi all! I just wanted to give you a quick update on what’s going on here in Colorado Springs. I am in the midst of intern/new staff training. There are around 30 people here going to different offices all over the world. Some will go to the “sending” offices which are here in Colorado Springs as well as in Canada and the UK. These will work on engineering projects in the office and then take a project trip at some point during the semester. These projects trips are to Zambia, Ghana, Egypt, Sudan, among others. The rest of us are going to the “field” offices which include India, Costa Rica, and Uganda. We will be working on projects in our respective regions.

Orientation has been a great time of getting acquainted with the way EMI does business as well as getting to know the other interns. Training times this week include going over finances and housing, learning about God’s heart for missions, going through cultural training. We also are doing team activities like hiking, rock climbing, and a high ropes course (yeah, Colorado is pretty nice for that!)

The picture is a view of Pikes Peak from the high ropes course we did this morning. I took the picture after getting off the zip line… pretty awesome. Being out here has definitely reminded my how wonderful God’s creation truly is. The stars out here are super bright and the landscape is amazing. What an amazing artist!

This afternoon we talked about Psalm 139:13-16 as a part of our personality training. Seeing this mountain today was a great reminder that God has not only beautifully created the heavens and the earth, but He has also intricately put together each and every one of us and He has a perfect plan for each of us.

13 For you formed my inward parts
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.

14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment