Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bombing in Kampala

Please pray for the families and victims of the recent bombings in Kampala. This past Sunday, several locations in Kampala were bombed during the finale of the World Cup. More than 70 people were killed in the bombings. In the following days, an Islamic militant group from Somalia claimed responsibility for the bombings. The reason for the bombings was because of the Ugandan peacekeeping efforts in Somalia.

I’m sure this is hard to think about since it is so far away, but this is hitting home with me as I will be in Kampala in just more than a month. It makes me nervous, but I am still very excited to go! Hopefully, Christ’s name can be proclaimed in the midst of this tragedy and that His peace can comfort those affected by the bombings.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/07/12/uganda.bombings/index.html


There is a vanity that takes place on earth, that there are righteous people to whom it happens according to the deeds of the wicked, and there are wicked people to whom it happens according to the deeds of the righteous. I said that this also is vanity. And I commend joy, for man has no good thing under the sun but to eat and drink and be joyful, for this will go with him in his toil through the days of his life that God has given him under the sun.
-Ecclesiastes 8:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment